Friday, April 4, 2014

Be still

I have this wonderful plaque, made by a very special friend,
 in my kitchen so that I can see it every day,
ALL day!! 
(I spend a lot of time in my kitchen!)


But what does it mean? 

"Be still"

could mean so many things…

don't move,
take it easy,
don't sweat the small stuff,
relax,
chill out,
be quiet and listen to God,

over the last few weeks
there has been a lot going on at our house…

I found myself needing to pray these two words over and over.

These words did not mean -
sit on the couch and just let things happen,
but they meant 
fight for something or someone with all you have -
but know,
know in all certainty that God has got this in HIS hands!
and rest in HIS promise!

God asks us to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
and that is what had to happen over the last few weeks.
And though we had to go through a process 
that was emotionally draining,
many tears were shed,

ultimately,
we found peace in 

Psalms 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth.

We had to be still and know that
God had a plan,
and HE would bring it all together!! 
In HIS time!
and we are so very thankful that HE chose to use 
us as HIS vessel!

(unfortunately, I am unable to share what God is doing right now 
in our family - but soon!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin