Sunday, November 24, 2013

In the middle of the grocery store...

ya know when you have to go grocery shopping,
on a Saturday,
with three of your little tag-alongs!
(The three who don't do very well unless they
are shadowing momma!!) 
You know what I mean!! 

As we shopped,
and had fun finding what we needed.

One of my little guys,
was very overwhelmed with all the people,
all the noise,
and just everything going on 
around him.

And decided to let everyone else know 
how he was feeling. 
I quickly took hold of him,
spinned us into each others arms 
and sat on the floor.

Yep, right in front of the eggs and butter -
in the middle of the aisle. 

Whispering in his ear,
trying to get him to calm down 
and not thrash around -
praying his shoes wouldn't go flying 
at someone.

Thankfully, 
he calmed down fairly quickly -
and we were able to get up 
and continue our shopping. 

A few steps away,
an older lady came up to me with tears in her eyes.
She came towards me with her arms opened wide 
and reached to give me a big hug! 

Of course, that brought me to tears too. 
She sweetly told me about her friends
who just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
They had been foster/adoptive parents of 32 children.
She said that they were all at their anniversary party
and it was the most beautiful thing
she had ever seen. 

After we shared stories for a bit,
she told me that she would be praying for us.

Don't ya just love when God sends angels to you,
even at the grocery store!! 



1 comment:

Jean said...

tears... Yes, I do love it! HE is awesome! AND has perfect timing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin